Thursday 9 August 2012

I am the Diva Challenge #82 - UMT v.VII: Brayd

This week the challenge provided by Laura at I am the Diva was to create a tile or ZIA using Shelly Beauch's lovely tangle Brayd.

I've never drawn Brayd before so I had to really concentrate - but I was very pleased with the result.  For the "hair" inside Brayd I drew Beadlines in a pale grey fineliner pen, and other tangles I used were Dustbunny, Tipple, Mooka, Fishnet (sort of!) and Bluebonnets* - at least I think that's what you'd call those lovely leaves I seem to draw more of than anything else.  Like I always do, I used Faber-Castell Pitt artist pens in shades of grey to shade and to add a little bit of colour to this one I used Kuretake 'Brushables' pens. 

*Update:  I just found out that the leafy shapes are not Bluebonnets but an official tangle called Flux (note to self - revise tangles and their proper names)!

Thank you Laura for this great challenge, and thank you Shelly for creating Brayd for us!  (and thank you also to anybody who feels like commenting.)

10 comments:

  1. I so love how you have made your brayd twist through the piece adding just the right amount of designed patterns to give it perspective and depth! The color shading makes it seem 3D and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely soft tile. Your tiles always have their own "flavor" and I look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!!!!! Love all the little flowers that fly around!

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding beadlines adds a fabulous texture, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the breezy feel of this and all of the little seeds floating around! Amazing! We both liked fishnet with Brayd. It must be a good fit! This is so lovely, but then I really enjoy gazing at all of your creations! So sorry for your loss. Praying for healing in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your twist on brayd with the beadlines inside. The whole tile flows beautifully, with just the right touch of color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your style, there is a wonderful softness and sense of movement to your ZIA. I'm particularly fond of your little floating seed pods thingies (a graphic term).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving how you filed the brayd with beadlines in the soft grey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tile is beautiful Lorraine, I am so pleased it lifted your spirits after your losing your sister this week. Take care, I am looking forward to your next entries, they are always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete